Yesterday afternoon spammers started sending emails with a link to malware via a false Microsoft security alert.
Don’t be fooled, and don’t click on it!
The emails look like this:
Update for Microsoft Outlook / Outlook Express (KB910721)
Microsoft has released an update for Microsoft Outlook / Outlook Express. This update is critical and provides you with the latest version of the Microsoft Outlook / Outlook Express and offers the highest levels of stability and security.
* Install Update for Microsoft Outlook / Outlook Express (KB910721). To do this, follow these steps:
1. Run attached file officexp-KB910721-FullFile-ENU.exe
2. Restart Microsoft Outlook / Outlook Express
* File Name: officexp-KB910721-FullFile-ENU.exe
* Version: 1.4
* Date Published: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 17:03:27 +0300
* Language: English
* File Size: 81 KB
* Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000; Windows 98; Windows ME; Windows NT; Windows Server 2003; Windows XP; Windows Vista
* This update applies to the following product: Microsoft Outlook / Outlook Express
For more informaiton see these links: